This project comprises the works required for the rehabilitation and reinstatement of part of the existing Dike 19 with a total length of 7.5 km, consisting of various materials with a width of 300 m and a height of about 14 m.
Major aspects of Gecom's scope of work:
- The volume of general excavation & removal of materials from the existing Dike is 500,000 m³.
- The total volume of fill materials is 2,300,000 m³
- The volume of drilling and grouting for sinkholes treatment is 20,000 m drilling and 20,000 m³ of grout mix.
- Employer: Arab Potash Company Ltd. (APC)
- Consultant: Dar AI Handasah Consultants (Shair & Partners)
- Contractor: Hidroconstructia S.A
- Percentage of share: 30 %( Subcontractor)
- Value of contract: 28 Million Dollars
- Project Status: Under construction, 69 % completed